Google ads

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Seyi shay-ragga ragga and chairman

You're a very talented singer but based
on some comments on BellaNaija
regarding your newest singles,
"Chairman" & "Ragga Ragga", some
people think you should lay off the
commercial/mainstream club bangers.
I think "Ragga Ragga" and "Chairman"
showcase some of my skills. "Chairman" and
"Killing Me Softly" are two songs that show
my vocal ability more than any song I've ever
put out in Nigeria. "Ragga Ragga" shows my
technicality because that whole song was
recorded off of pure freestyle. So, that's the
technical side of me whereas "Chairman" was
written and composed. All I can say to that is
I hope they can get used to this new me. It's
not even a 'new me', it's the person that has
always been inside and been dying to come
out. Flytime did the right thing by giving me
the tools that I needed but since they didn't
brand me, they didn't let the person that I
really am show through.
So, who is the person that you really
are? What are your favourite pastimes?
I love going to the beach with my friends, at
night, preferably. We get crazy and 'turnt
up'. You know, that's me. I'm high-spirited. I
like cooking for my friends. I always cook.
When I'm not so busy, I love scuba diving. I
love active sports. I'm also a Sagittarius and
you know, we're free-spirited and we don't
have one personality. I'm not saying I'm
crazy, but I will say that the names Seyi and
Shay have so many different reasons. There's
a reason why we put Seyi and Shay together,
not just because of the pronunciation factor
but also because Seyi is one person – the
Yoruba, traditional girl; and the Shay is the
westernized live-a-little wildcard. Some people
even said that "Ragga Ragga" was me,
exploring my wild side. Maybe I am but the
video will show you the truth.
What should we expect from your next
few music videos, now that your brand
has more direction?
The next music video is for "Ragga Ragga".
My team did some research and we found out
that "Ragga Ragga" appeals to my
generation and younger. And, the reason for
that I suppose is because it's kind of edgy,
I'm kind of boasting and at the same time, it
works in the clubs. Musically, it's not so
common.
On the other hand, "Chairman" is more
traditional. It's the one all the Alaba guys
want to collect from our hands and put on
mixtapes. It's the one that had 300,000
downloads from one site in three days and
it's the one that's just jolly.
So, in the video for "Ragga Ragga", you
should definitely expect my wildcard to come
out. It's going to be a lot of dancehall and
bashment. There's going to be a very big
surprise. My lead guy is an uber star. I don't
know how we made it happen. We're
shooting next week and Clarence Peters is
putting that together for us. There's a lot of
thought that goes on before we make every
single move and that's why we put these two
singles out together, to cover up the different
demographics that I appeal to.

No comments:

Post a Comment